This blog post describes how to get credentials for using Googles Analytics Core Reporting API with module for the MagicMirror².
See the full setup and capabilities of this Magic Mirror Module on Github: MMM-GoogleAnalytics.
1. Create a Service Account Googles Developer console
- First create a new project on Googles Developer console like “mywebsiteGAapi”.
- Under the section “Credentials”, execute “Create credentials” and choose “Service account key
- Create a new service account and choose a Service account name
- Role: Project -> Viewer
- Key type: JSON
- Copy the email address under Service account ID
- Click “Create”, save and rename your credential file (e.g.
keyfile.jsonand save it in your
2. Create a User and get your View ID from your Google Analytics Account
- open the Admin panel in your Google Analytics Account and enter the User Management section
- Create a new user
- Email address: The one you copied previously (It’s also in the JSON-file you already saved)
- Property Permissions: Read & Analyse
- Back in the Admin panel under View enter the View Settings
- Copy the View ID
Perfect you did it, that’s all!